Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"We were fractious and overpaid."

Okay, so if you didn't go out and read Then We Came to the End because I liked it, you should go out and read it because the National Book Award committee liked it! I'm just sayin'....

I'm glad to see it getting the props--it was easily one of my favorite books of the past year. Had I not heard about it beforehand, I never would have guessed it was a first novel. And I find myself hearing echoes of the prose whenever I'm doing something banal at the office, which is to say every day. Maybe this should be required reading for all new hires at any office job. I hope the special sales people at Little, Brown are all over that.

1 comment:

Jacob said...

But now when I go read it you'll think I trust Nat. Book Award Committee members more than you! Lose-lose situation....

Seriously, I'll read it anyway. When things calm down.